No product in cart
7 SIMPLE WAYS TO IMPROVE YOUR HEALTH WITH COCONUT OIL
Lea Sharp - on May 19, 2017
Uses & Benefits of Coconut Oil
We all seem to be getting more health-obsessed by the day, with the New Year approaching and the Paleo movement in full swing everyone is turning to healthier alternatives in order to improve their lives… And so we should! But if you’re new to the world of Health & Well-Being you might be caught like a deer in the headlights thinking – Where do I start?
Everyone has a different snippet of advice or opinion on what you should be doing and with all the information out there it can get overwhelming, am I right?
A smart move would be to gradually swap out the crap from your pantry and make-up drawer and opt for more environmentally-friendly, chemical free alternatives that will boost your health instead of harming it.
Let’s start of by going through the benefits of using Organic Coconut Oil.
- It’s antimicrobial, antifungal and antibacterial
- It’s also anti-inflammatory
- Balances hormone production
- Aids in weight loss by increasing metabolism and making you feel fuller for longer
- Increases HDL (the good cholesterol) and decreases LDL (the bad stuff)
- Balances blood sugar
- Increases energy & focus (how else would I keep my eyes open to write this post!)
- Reduces cellulite, age spots, wrinkles and stretch marks
- Improves digestion and increases nutrient absorption
- Kills candida
- Supports the immune system
- Helps to relieve bloating & constipation
- Increases breastmilk supply for breastfeeding mothers
- Helps to re-mineralize your teeth
- Improves quality of sleep
- Supports healthy thyroid function
- Helps to heal injury or infection
- Aids in the fight against depressions and anxiety
- Prevents & heals acne & other skin issues
Cooking with Coconut Oil
Why cook with coconut oil?
Because Coconut Oil is made up of saturated fats (the good kind) it’s able to withstand higher cooking temperatures so the beneficial nutrients are retained… plus it adds a nice, subtle flavour to your meals! Here’s how to add Virgin Coconut Oil to your daily meal prep;
- Throw it in the frying pan to fry or sauté your meals
- Use it to grease your baking trays and muffin tins
- As a butter substitute in any and all recipes
Eating Coconut Oil
There’s an unlimited amount of ways to add Coconut oil to your daily meals so you can reap those amazing benefits. Here’s a few;
- Add a dollop of Coconut Oil to your coffee or tea in the morning for an extra boost
- Rub your roast meat with a generous serving of Coconut Oil before cooking
- Drop a spoonful into your morning smoothie
- Make healthy home-made chocolate
- Mix with a spoonful of chia seeds for a powerful morning energy boost
- Try this homemade mayo recipe, yum!
- Drizzle onto popcorn with some rosemary and garlic
- Bake or fry your veggies in Coconut Oil
Coconut Oil for Your Skin
Throw away your chemical-laden beauty products and switch them out for some beautiful, rich Organic Coconut Oil. You’ll thank me later! Give these a try;
- Apply it in the shower as a protective, moisturizing shaving cream
- Add a few drops of your favourite essential oils for an invigorating massage oil
- Mix Coconut Oil with Coconut Sugar and some invigorating essential oils for a nourishing body scrub
- It’s a brilliant all-over moisturizer, use daily on your entire body to maintain elasticity
- Prevent and heal stretch marks by applying it daily to your trouble areas (use in conjunction with a healthy diet for full effects)
- Put on your littlie’s bottoms for a soothing nappy rash cream
- Kill the nasties that cause skin irritations like eczema and psoriasis while soothing the skin
- As a sunscreen, either use on its own for a low SPF sunscreen for those with sun-kissed skin or add zinc oxide to make a hard hitting, chemical free sunscreen for the whole family
Coconut Oil for Your Face
Get that ‘glow’ while protecting the delicate skin on your face, use in small amounts to avoid that heavy oily feeling.
- Dab onto cold sores for a speedy recovery
- Use instead of moisturizer (with the added benefit of sun protection)
- Try this recipe for a Coconut Oil based lip balm
- Gentle apply for a moisturizing make-up remover
- Keep some by your bedside to use as a conditioning night cream
- Apply over the top of make up for a natural cheek-bone highlighter
Coconut Oil for Your Body
If you manage not to eat it all, Coconut Oil can be used many different ways on your entire body, give these a try a let me know what you think!
- Pop it in the bath with some epsom salts and your choice of essential oils for a rejuvenating detox bath
- Rub it on your cuticles as a substitute for cuticle oil that’ll moisturize and kill any pathogens
- Use it as a personal lubricant for those intimate moments
- Mix it with bi-carb and essential oils for a home-made deodorant
- Used with citronella, lavender and citrus essential oils it makes a great, family-friendly insect repellent
- Swap your whitening toothpaste for a fluoride-free Coconut Oil toothpaste
- Rub it into your feet at night with some magnesium oil for better sleep (great for the kids!)
- Practice daily oil pulling with Coconut Oil
- Apply daily to heal cracked heals
- Kids have a cold? Keep some Coconut Oil mixed with eucalyptus essential oil on hand as a substitute for vapour rub
- Pop it in your ears for a speedy recovery from ear infections (infuse with garlic for extra benefits)
Coconut Oil for Your Hair
Hair feeling a little dry? Does it need a bit of TLC? Save your time with those expensive treatments which often contain nasty, hormone-altering chemicals and try these tips instead;
- Use as a scalp treatment that stimulates hair growth and prevents dandruff
- Rub a small amount between your hands and apply it to your hair for a quick anti-frizz treatment
- Prevent split ends with an overnight hair mask
- Mixed with apple cider vinegar, Coconut Oil can be a fantastic treatment for lice
Where to get Coconut Oil?
From your personal Connoisseur of Coconut (that’s me;)). Organic Coconut Toowoomba sell one of the highest quality Organic Virgin Coconut Oil you can get your oily hands on and we offer an unbeatable price. Buy yours now.
I could have gone on for hours with this article! Coconut Oil has some amazing medicinal and nutritional properties and is an extremely versatile ingredient which improves your over-all health. To get the most out of your Coconut Oil I recommend using it internally and externally daily, experiment with a few uses and see what fits for you – If you have a favourite let me know!
‘Organic Coconut is an online health food store and healthy living blog based in Queensland, Australia. Specialising in Virgin Coconut Oil, Organic Coconut Foods and Natural Body Products, the team behind Organic Coconut aim to help you improve your mood, heal your body and enhance your life through an integrative approach.’